Makar Sankranti 2022 : According to the Panchang, January 14, 2022, is Makar Sankranti on Friday. On this day Sun God will enter Capricorn. Change in weather starts from the day of Makar Sankranti. It is believed that from Makar Sankranti, the days become longer and the nights shorter. Winter is starting to subside.
In the scriptures, the Sun God has been described as the friend of the world. According to mythology, one of the three eyes of Lord Mahadev has been given the analogy of the sun. In this world, the Sun God is the only one who is directly visible to us.
Girls who have these planets in their horoscope, they get the prince of dreams
In Sanatan Dharma, there is Panchdev worship, above all Lord Ganesha worship, Shiva worship, Vishnu worship, Goddess Durga worship and Surya worship. Sun worship is very important before worshiping any god. It is believed that without worshiping the Sun, the full fruit of any worship is not obtained. Worship of Sun God and Arghya should be given daily. Lord Surya is dear to Arghya. Emphasis has been laid on worshiping the Sun daily. Even in the time of Sutak period, it has been said in the scriptures to give water to the sun mentally also. Makar Sankranti is considered the best day for Sun worship. Surya worship can also be started on this day.
Where and how to do Surya Puja
Arghya should be offered to Suryanarayan near the reservoir, river etc. If you cannot reach the reservoir or river daily, then standing in clean land should offer Arghya to the Sun. One can worship Surya by standing on the roof or balcony of the house from where the sun is visible.
Correct method of offering Arghya to Surya
According to the scriptures, while offering Arghya to the Sun God, it should be offered through the Anjali of both the hands, but while offering Arghya, it should be kept in mind that the index finger and thumb of the hand should not touch each other. In such a situation, there is no fruit of worship because this mudra has been called demonic posture.
How many times should one offer Arghya to Surya
There is a provision to offer Arghya using a lota of copper or bronze. Gangajal, red sandalwood, flowers etc. should be put in the water. This increases the importance of water even more. Arghya should be offered to the Sun three times and each time one should circumambulate each time while offering Arghya. By doing this, God’s blessings always remain on you and with his blessings all the works are completed.
Mantra to offer Arghya to the Sun-
Om Aihi Suryadev Sahasransho Tejo Rashi Jagatpatte.
Compassionate Maa Bhaktya Grihnardhya Diwakar:..
Om Surya Namah, Om Adityaya Namah, Om Namo Bhaskarai Namah. Arghya Samarpayami.
keep these things in mind
- While offering Arghya to the Sun God in the morning, raising the right heel and looking at the rising Sun from the middle of the stream of water, it is very auspicious to offer Arghya.
- Arghya should be offered only by facing east, even if for some reason you do not see it directly, yet it should be considered mentally visible.
- After offering Arghya, water must be applied in your eyes. Some people leave water on the pot of Tulsi. But doing so is very harmful.
- While offering Arghya, care should be taken that water should not be splashed on the body and feet.
- Giving water to the rising sun is fruitful, that is, water should be given only for 2 hours after the sun rises.
- After offering Arghya, Namaskar should be done by standing straight and bowing the head.
- Chanting Gayatri Mantra while offering Arghya is highly fruitful. At least 3 circumambulation or 7 circumambulation should be done in sun worship.
- One should not worship God by wiping the limb with any cloth and wearing the same cloth.
Makar Sankranti 2022: The king of planets ‘Sun’ is going to shower blessings on these zodiac signs, know your horoscope
Astrology: You do not know your zodiac sign, so click here, find out the zodiac by the first letter of the name